Upon successful completion of the course the student will be able to:
a) describe, formulate and interprete the role and value of the methodical process in learning and performing movements and skills from preschool to the end of school period
b) Recognize the levels of learning and execution of movements and skills,
c) To make good use of the scientific training, in order to enrich the methods, teaching styles and learning strategies with emphasis on the combinations of motor skills and their application in developmental games, dance and gymnastics, so that through them the students achieve the mature performance of basic motor skills which constitute the motor literacy of the child for life,
d) Analyse, assess and organize the guidelines for the assessment of motor, manipulative and stabilization skills for children in primary and general education.
e) Organize quality physical education services to all children and will be able in practice to function as an effective educator within the educational context and in general in children's education areas.
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Quality Developmental Physical Education
2. Cognitive, emotional and social development in childhood
3. Physical and motor development in childhood
4. Acquisition of motor skills
5. Content of the movement and learning environment
6. The environment and exercise
7. Designing motor skills training
7. Skills design - content areas - progress evaluation
8. issues of basic stabilization skills - handling skills - movement skills
9. Assessment of students' learning
10. Developmental games
11. practical application
12. practical application
13. Repetitive lesson
developent, moror skills, assessment, locomotion, stability, manipulation
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
• Donnelly, D., Mueller, S., & Gallahue, D. (2002). Αναπτυξιακή Φυσική Αγωγή για όλα τα παιδιά. Επιμέλεια Τσορμπατζούδης, Χ. & Ευαγγελινού, Χ. Εκδόσεις University Press. Θεσσαλονίκη.