Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a positive attitude towards disability, physical education and sports.
2. To judge the athletic achievements of athletes with disabilities who participate in high level competitions.
3. To motivate the participation of athletes with disabilities in high sports.
4. Understand the sports classification system of high level athletes.
5. Set training goals for athletes with disabilities participating in Paralympic Sports or Special Olympics
6. To adapt the subject of Physical Education by enhancing the co-education of students with and without disabilities in the general school.
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Motor disability - Spinal cord injuries: Physical condition - adjustment of the physical education course in the general school - adaptations of sports, games and motor activities - exercise programs in the sports clubs.
2. Intellectual Disability - Physical condition - adjustment of the physical education course in the general school - exercise programs for athletes with mental disability in the sports clubs.
3. Diffuse Developmental Disorders / Developmental Disorder of Motor Coordination - adaptations of sports games and activities in the general school - exercise programs for participation in a sports clubs.
4. Cerebral Palsy - Physical condition - adjustments of the Physical Education course in the general school - adaptations of sports, games and motor activities - exercise programs in the sports clubs.
5. Amputation - Physical condition - adaptations of the Physical Education course in the general school - adaptations of sports, games and motor activities - exercise programs in the sports clubs.
6. Evaluation of the physical condition of elite athletes with disabilities
7. Athletic classification of high level athletes with disabilities
8. High sports issues for athletes with disabilities - Doping.
9. Elite sport issues for athletes with disabilities - thermoregulation
10. Designing exercise programs for athletes with disabilities
11. Organization of sports Associations of athletes with disabilities - accessibility and special sports
12. Presentations of works
Paralympic Games, Sports classification, assesment, co-education, exercise programs
Additional bibliography for study
1. ΑΣΚΗΣΕΙΣ ΧΡΟΝΙΕΣ ΠΑΘΗΣΕΙΣ & ΑΝΑΠΗΡΙΕΣ. 13256631 S.DUSTINE G. MOORE (2005). BROKEN HILL PUBLISHERS LTD. ΑΘΗΝΑ
2. ΕΙΣΑΓΩΓΗ ΣΤΗΝ ΠΑΙΔΑΓΩΓΙΚΗ ΤΩΝ ΔΙΑΤΑΡΑΧΩΝ ΣΥΜΠΕΡΙΦΟΡΑΣ 16655 HILLENBRAND CLEMENS.Γ. ΠΑΡΙΚΟΣ & ΣΙΑ ΕΕ (2010).ΘΕΣ/ΝΙΚΗ
3. Winnick, J.P., Porretta, D,L. (2017). Adapted Physical Education and Sport. Human Kinetics. Sixth Edition.
4. Fitzgerald, H. (2009). Disability and youth sports. Routledge Pub.
5. Tolfrey, V.G. (2010). Wheelchair Sport: A complete guide for athletes, coaches and teachers. Human Kinetics Pub.
6. Davis, A. (2012). Physical Activities In the Wheelchair and Out: An Illustrated Guide to Personalizing Participation. Human
7. Block, M. (2007). T teacher’s guide to including students with disabilities in general Physical Education. Paul. H. Brooks Pub.
8. De Pauw, C & Gavron, S. (2005). Disability sport. Human Kinetics Pub.
Συναφή επιστημονικά περιοδικά:
1. Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly
3. European Journal of Adapted Physical Activity
4. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport
5. European Journal of Special needs Education
6. International Journal of Special Education
7. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology
8. Journal of Human Movement Studies
9. Perceptual and Motor Skills
10. Motor Control