Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
• execute the special strokes forehand/backhand drop shot, stop volley, backhand smash, and slice service with direction, with a correct technique,
• feed trainees with tennis balls during different, and complex Drills,
• teach the technique of the basic and the special strokes to all age groups,
• teach and apply advanced tactical training methods for all ages;
• plan an appropriate daily, weekly, or annual training plan for their athletes,
• put in practice their specialized knowledge for the development of physical abilities in children and adults,
• use their specialized knowledge in the organization of tennis tournaments, sports psychology, sports nutrition, tennis equipment, and sports marketing in practice,
• work as coaches in clubs or in the free market, for beginners adult players, but also for advanced mid-level athletes in a national or international environment.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Technical analysis of special strokes. Errors and corrections.
Tennis equipment. Characteristics of the racket and the ball.
The behavior of the ball (rotation and trajectory) in the various strokes.
Structure of E.F.O.A. and of the International Tennis Association.
Training planning. Daily, weekly and annual plan.
Tournament organization. Completion of a Main Draw and keeping the score card.
Physical condition of young and adults.
Athletes special Nutrition
Psychology of a tennis athlete.
Tennis and sports marketing.
special strokes, organizing tournaments, designing of training, pedagogical role of tennis, special teaching
Additional bibliography for study
- Ο ΡΟΛΟΣ ΤΟΥ ΠΡΟΠΟΝΗΤΗ ΤΕΝΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΕΝΙΣ ΣΕ ΤΡΟΧΟΚΑΡΕΚΛΑ, ΑΘΑΝΑΗΛΙΔΗΣ Ι., ΛΗΜΝΙΟΥΔΗΣ Ι., ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΔΟΥΛΙΔΗ, 2004, ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗ