Students will be expected upon the successive completion of the course:
• Το know the complete technique of speed and obstacle routes, long, high and short jumps and ball, disc, hammer and javelin throws.
• To acquire the basic techniques of athletics through experiential exercise with special exercises and methods of perfecting the movement as they are done in developmental and high performance sports
• Τobe able to constructtraining programs for technical and physical abilities in the context of a long cycle for the championship.
• To design an individual training program of the Athletics competitions based on the new program design trends as it emerges from the literature
• To plan and organize competitive sports activities in a school and clubs championship
Course Content (Syllabus)
- Biomechanics of sprints
- Biomechanics of Hurdles speeds
- Learning and perfecting the technique of sprints
- Learning and perfecting the technique of sprints with Hurdles
- Sprints methodology, special exercises and techniques
- Errors - technical corrections, differences based on age and training
- Biomechanics of jumps
- Biomechanics of Throws
- Special throwing development exercises
- Special jump development exercises
- scientific reports on track and field sports.
- training of physical condition and technique of track and field competitions.
- Configuration of training in basic age and in the championship,
- New trends and research in training in track and field sports
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Σχεδιασμός προγραμμάτων άσκησης με αντίσταση, 2004, Fleck,S.J, Kraemer, W.S