Upon successful completion of the course, students:
- will have acquired basic knowledge on economics;
- will have become familiar with simple economic texts;
- will have become familiar with basic economic terms in Greek and English;
- will be able to collect and use infromation from relevant data bases;
- will be in a position to analyse and manage translation problems in economic texts.
Course Content (Syllabus)
The course aims to introduce students to the general principles of economic translation, a major field of specialization for translators, to provide them with the knowledge and skills necessary for economic translation, and to help them undertake independent research in the domain economic translation. The selection of the SL texts covers a variety of areas within the field of economics, such as: Economic Theory, Marketing, Financial Reports, Banking, International Trade, Fiscal Policies, Accounting, etc. During the semester, students will undertake translation exercises from economic sources (English into Greek).
translation, translation practice, economics, finance, terminology, glossary