Students will be able to:
• Understand spoken and written texts of relatively high volume and high degree of difficulty
• produce written / oral speech on various topics using production techniques
• express themselves in a variety of communicative settings, choosing the right style/register and making the appropriate language choices
• use language with cohesion and coherence, taking into account the pragmatic requirements
• • justify their language choices based on the knowledge gained by grammatical / syntactic analysis of the Italian language
Course Content (Syllabus)
The aim of the course is to familiarize students with theoretical linguistic issues, in order to understand the "deeper" formation of the Italian language, its function in different communicative settings and in various written/spoken texts. The structure of the course aims to help the student: (a) develop the techniques of written/spoken language, (b) to cope with the idiosyncratic features of the Italian language, (c) be able to analyze in depth the grammatical/syntactic and pragmatic phenomena of Italian.
At the end of the course the student should be able to demonstrate communicative competence by choosing the appropriate style/register and using the Italian language with cohesion and coherence, taking into account the social, educational or professional requirements set each time. At the same time, he is expected to be able to justify the use of specific language options based on both grammatical and pragmatic knowledge.