Τhe students are expected in the frame of the course to
- translate texts of Italian literature
- Relate translation theory with practice in Italian literature texts
- fulfill studies of translation critique
- study and analyse translations of Italian literature
- understand the relation and the interaction between Ιtalian and Ηellenic literature via translations
Course Content (Syllabus)
The course is the translation of texts of Italian literature.
Objectives of the course
The students practice on:
the interpretative approach of original literary texts and translations,
in translation of texts of Italian literature,
the retrospective evaluation of translations,
the bibliographic research on the history of translations of Italian literature.
Additional bibliography for study
-Z.Zωγραφίδου-Ε.Κασάπη-Ο.Σοφιανού, Ποσοτικές και ποιοτικές αναλύσεις στη μετάφραση
λογοτεχνικού κειμένου, University Studio Press, Θεσσαλονίκη 2000.
-B. Osimo, Manuale del Traduttore, Hoepli, Milano 2004.