At the end of the course students will be able to:
- design resonsce structures of molecular systems,
- determine the symmetry of molecular orbitals and electronic states,
- analyze the interaction of molecular fragments based on perturbation method,
- diferentiate thermodynamically from kinetically controlled reactions,
- apply selection rules to pericyclic and photochemical reactions.
Course Content (Syllabus)
From atomic to molecular orbitals and resonance structures. Symmetry of molecular orbitals and electronic states. Perturbation method. Intra-, intermolecular perturbations and interaction of molecular fragments. Electronic structure and reaction pathways. Thermodynamically and kinetically controlled reactions. Symmetry and selection rules for pericyclic reactions. Photochemical reactions.
molecular orbitals, resononce strtuctures, perturbation theory, pericyclic and photochemical reactions