Upon successful completion of this course the student will be
1. familiar with the properties of dental biomaterials, selection and implementation.
2. able to compare different medical treatments and methods of materials application
3. able to explain how the properties of the materials influence important cellular processes, inflammation, scar formation or regeneration.
4. be familiar with the function and use of stem cells in regenerative purpose
5. evaluate effect of design and material properties on clinical practice
Course Content (Syllabus)
The course includes laboratory, clinical methods that use biomaterials for substitute or repair of dental tissues. Common treatments and methods for tissue regeneration including cell therapy, gene therapy and materials-based therapy.