The student is expected within the course to:
1. Will know the full range of theoretical knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology, Etiology, Pathogenesis, Epidemiology and Classification related to Periodontics.
2. He will be familiar with the distinction of pathological conditions in periodontal tissues
3. Will be practiced in the use of scaling and root-planing tools
4. Will understandd the proper examination, diagnosis and treatment of cases of gingivitis or periodontal health.
5. Will develop the necessary skills to be able to treat cases of gingivitis
Course Content (Syllabus)
Aim: to educate in fundamental knowledge of Periodontology, which is necessary for clinical training during the following semesters. At the end of 6th semester, the student shall acquire basic knowledge of the anatomy of the periodontium, aetiology and classification of periodontal diseases, systemic and local risk factors, and therefore be able to correctly complete periodontal chart and record. In addition, the student shall know correct oral hygiene procedures and instrumentation for debridement and scaling-root planning.