The student within the course is expected to:
1. learn the basic clinical procedures in Fixed Prosthodontics for the construction of fixed crowns and fixed partial dentures and / or cast post and core restorations
2. get familiar with making a treatment plan for patients in need of fixed prosthetic restorations, as well as examining and diagnosing patients with craniofacial disorders
3. be trained in the preparation of teeth as abutments for fixed prosthetic restorations, in the construction of interim restorations and in some cases in the construction of a cast post and core restoration
4. understand the basic clinical and laboratory procedures for the construction of fixed prothetic restorations as well as the clinical parameters related to the occlusion balance between natural teeth and prosthetic restorations
5. develop the necessary clinical skills needed to treat more complex prosthetic rehabilitation cases
6. become aware of meeting the real needs of patients. This will be done through obtaining a complete dental-medical history and the necessary diagnostic data, which in combination with the extensive study of treatment plans on his patients will lead to the understanding of the real problem and the design of the best therapeutic approach for each patient.
Course Content (Syllabus)
The content of the course includes the analysis and treatment of clinical problems related to patients who need mainly fixed prosthetic restorations (crowns, bridges and / or cast post and cores). The course includes the study of the diagnostic elements that are necessary for the treatment plan and analyzes the occlusal relationships of the teeth, the types of occlusion and the most determining factors of occlusion, the balancing of occlusion between natural teeth and prosthetic restorations and the techniques developed and applied, the parameters for preserving the health of periodontal tissues during teeth preparation and placement of interim restorations, the basic aesthetic principles in prosthetic rehabilitation, as well as the possible cooperation of specialties for the construction of prosthetic restorations.
Crowns, fixed partial dentures, cast posts and cores, occlusion, fixed prosthetic restorations, treatment plan