Course Content (Syllabus)
The Force (flexibility or compatibility) method for hyperstatic skeletal structures.
• Determination of number of redundancies of hyperstatic structures.
• The primary structural system and the compatibility conditions for external loading and compulsions
• Determination of stress state due to external loading and compulsions.
• The displacements of hyperstatic structures, a methodology for calculating their deformed shape.
• Ordinary hyperstatic structures (continuous beams, composite beams, plane frames and trusses, plane grillages, spatial frames).
• Influence lines of stress and displacement components. Evaluation of influence lines for given load patterns.
• The use of hyperstatic primary structural system.
Introduction to the Displacement method for hyperstatic skeletal structures.
• The main concept of the method, the geometric primary system, the solution process, a parallelism with the Force method.
• The inextensible frames. Simplification of Displacement method for calculating internal forces, deformed shapes and influence lines, of certain classes of inextensible frames.
• The combined application of Force and Displacement method,
• Symmmetric and antisymmetric hyperstatic skeletal structures.
Also, within the framework of the course, the students elaborate mandatory homework ("personal project").