Upon succesful completion of this course students will be able to approach issues of young children's assessment reflectively and will have knowledge and understanding of how to use tools of observation, recording and evaluation in early childhood settings. Other learning outcomes include students being able to organize and use the student portfolio with young children and communicate the results of their evaluation to families and other professionals.
Course Content (Syllabus)
The course will examine the concept, the types, the process and the tools of student assessment and assessment of learning in early childhood education. The course aims for students to:
- Learn basic principles of assessment for learning and the theories guiding it.
- Understand the role of student assessment in planning and organizing the learning process.
- Distinguish different kinds of assessment (e.g. summative, formative) and understand their characteristics and goals.
- Analyze and interpret assessmenta data aiming to facilitate children's learning and development.
- Learn ways of recording young children's learning and making it visible to children and families.
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Βιβλίο : ΤΟ ΠΑΙΧΝΙΔΙ ΣΤΗΝ ΠΡΟΣΧΟΛΙΚΗ ΗΛΙΚΙΑ, Marilyn Fleer, Μπιρμπίλη Μαρία
Βιβλίο : Η αξιολόγηση στην εκπαίδευση: Παιδαγωγική και διδακτική διάσταση, ΚΑΚΑΝΑ ΔΟΜΝΑ ΜΙΚΑ, ΜΠΟΤΣΟΓΛΟΥ ΚΑΦΕΝΙΑ, ΧΑΝΙΩΤΑΚΗΣ ΝΙΚΟΣ, ΚΑΒΑΛΑΡΗ ΕΥΗ