With the successful termination of this course the students will:
• Acquire general knowledge for the design and operation of embedded systems
• Recognize problems in resource allocation and optimizations in time, energy and implementation costs of hardware and software for an application of an embedded system
Course Content (Syllabus)
• Real-time scheduling and resource management, rate allocation methods.
• Real time operating systems and microkernels.
• Wireless networks and real time communications.
• Synchronous and real-time programming languages and program synthesis from specifications.
• Meta-programming and meta-modeling languages
• Hardware-software codesign
Additional bibliography for study
Handbook of Real-Time and Embedded Systems, ISBN: 978-1584886785, I. Lee, J Y-T Leung and S. H. Son editors, CRC Press, 2008
Recent articles from conferences and journals