1. Understanding the operation of RF electronic circuits,
2. Familiarity with the particular difficulties and problems with the design at high operating frequencies.
3. Acquaintance with Electromagnetic simulation tools
4. Learning methods for systematic literature search
5. Development of presentation skills for technical topics
Course Content (Syllabus)
Basic Concepts - RF Design Definitions, Equivalents of Transistor at High Frequency and Noise Analysis, Passive Elements and Measurements at High Frequencies, Matching, Low Noise Amplifiers (LNA), Power Amplifier Design Principles, Phase Lock Loop Principles (PLL).
The course includes mandatory homework on recent developments in the design of telecommunication circuits (transmitters, receivers, integrated circuits for mobile and wireless telephony, GPS receivers, integrated coils, etc.) and presented by students in groups of two (usually) students. It also includes designing a simple integrated element and simulation with an electromagnetic simulation program (HFSS). Following all presentations is mandatory for all.
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. Βιβλίο, Χατζόπουλος, Καρατζίδης, "Τηλεπικοινωνιακά Ηλεκτρονικά κυκλώματα», εκδόσεις Τζιόλας, 2018