1. They will dive in the multifaceted Producer’s tasks under the Development Process
2. They will learn how to step by step compile a business and production plan to bring to life and sell an audiovisual project
3. They will discuss managing creative human resources
4. They will work with methods of developing film projects
5. They will discuss and learn tools to how finance audiovisual projects
6. They will be in touch with basic legal concepts for the creative rights in the audiovisual sector
7. They will learn strategies to manage the distribution and promotion of audiovisual works
Course Content (Syllabus)
The course discusses the role of the producer in the development and promotion of the film. The way the producer develops the film, the way the financing plan and the promotion plan are developed. The way the crew is selected. The way distribution and sales' networks are contacted. The business environment today, perspectives and capabilities, market rules and laws. The Greek law on rights.
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. sher Garfinkel, Screenplay Story Analysis, Allworth Press, 2007
2. Rona Edwards & Monica Skerbelis, I Liked it, Didn’t Love it, ESE, 2009
Additional bibliography for study
1. Eden H. Wurmfeld, Nicole Shay Laloggia, Independent Filmmakers Manual.
2. Maureen A. Ryan, Producer to Producer: A Step-by-Step Guide to Low-Budget Independent Film Producing (p. iv). Michael Wiese Productions, 2017