Upon successful completion of the course students will have:
• understood the basic concepts of the various visual art forms and their connection to Education in the context of a holistic educational approach and to art education
• familiarized themselves to Art History through main periods and artistic movements
• acquired a first acquaintance with the leading expressive media and techniques of the fine arts (visual arts), having tried to engage and express themselves through various art forms
• been able to distinguish the key benefits from engagement with the arts at individual and social level
• reflected, experimented and worked with fellow students to create and present a joint artistic project.
• become familiar with the primary aesthetic considerations and methods of reading and interpreting works of art
• studied the form and role of art education in Greek schools through history, experimenting at the same time on ways of shaping the course
• sought ways of upgrading the teaching of art and its history in schools
Course Content (Syllabus)
The course is a basic introduction to the field of Visual Arts, with concise references to their techniques and subject matter and an examination of the critical role they play in the development and cultivation of the individual. Emphasis is placed on the educational role of the arts and their connection with the educational process and school life. The course syllabus also includes the familiarization of students with the History of Art and aims to understand the importance of the visual arts and contemporary forms of artistic expression in people's cultural and social awareness.
Parallel objective is to enable students to respond to the modern approach to global knowledge through interdisciplinary applications, realizing how the arts can contribute significantly to the abolition of strict dividing lines between the various disciplines.
Art, Visual Arts, History of Art, Art education, imagination, critical thinking, expression, team-work, art creation/ creativity learning, metnal/kinesthetic/sensory motivation, cultural education, human studies
Additional bibliography for study
Chapman, L. H. (1993). Η διδακτική της Τέχνης. Προσεγγίσεις στην καλλιτεχνική αγωγή. Επιμ. Π. Χριστοδουλίδη. Αθήνα: Νεφέλη.
Ρόμπισον, Κ., (1999). Οι Τέχνες στα Σχολεία. Αθήνα: Καστανιώτης.
Χαραλαμπίδης, Α. (2010), Τέχνη, βλέπω - γνωρίζω – αισθάνομαι. Θεσσαλονίκη: University Studio Press Α.Ε.
Μαγουλιώτης Α. (2014). Εικαστική Παιδαγωγική. Αθήνα: Σ. Αθανασόπουλος & ΣΙΑ Ι.Κ.Ε
Βάος, Α. (2015). Εικαστική πράξη και Εκπαίδευση. Αθήνα: Τόπος.
Σωτηροπούλου-Ζορμπαλά,Μ. (2020). Ενσωματώνοντας τις τέχνες στην εκπαίδευση. Αθήνα: Πεδίο.
Ποικιλία βιβλίων, άρθρων, ιστοτόπων κ.ά. υπάρχουν αναρτημένα στο Elearning του μαθήματος.