Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. fully understand the characteristics of different phases of their own production.
2. design and implement small laboratory programs adhering to co-configuration principles
3. plan and coordinate in the first place activities of critical approach to art
4. assess the key factors influencing learning and critically evaluate key research findings related to learning and teaching
5. acquire skills to develop and supervise their personalized visual research
Course Content (Syllabus)
Through a series of integrated studio works of the students who meet to some extent the relevant conditions, fundamental issues that emerged in the art of the 20th century and which today arise with renewed intensity, such as: the dichotomy of representation / abstraction, the body and the self-expression, the dimension of digital / analog image and especially the relationship of painting with its heritage and other means of expression. The aim of this cycle of activities is for students to extend their dominance over the specific means of their art (eg drawing, painting, digital media, etc.), and to develop their practical attention and theoretical determination. of their painting in the direction of professionalism. In the work that will be done in the studio, the students will practice the creative confrontation with standard works from other means of expression: two-dimensional (2-D), three-dimensional (3-D) and even four-dimensional (4-D).
By mastering and transforming these works into their own expressive vehicle, they will be able to examine their possibilities to obtain media supervision, to express and manage the real physical properties of the material of the reference works and the painting in general. The course preparing a final action plan based on the products of this activity and which will serve the students - three in the direction of gaining professional experience. will inaugurate at the same time as a model the cycle of their diplomatic work.