Main objectives of the course:
1. Deepening the research methodology
2. The approach of the theory of evidence-based medicine and evidence-based methods of medical research
3. The practice of searching for documented research information
4. The study of research data with the criteria of documented medicine
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Introduction, History and Philosophy of EBM,
2. Basic elements of research methodology and research design
3. Organization and documentation of an experimental protocol
4. Examples of Internet searches for documented information
5. Organization and documentation of a clinical study
6. Examples and evaluation of documentation in a clinical study
7. Systematic Review and Post-Analysis
8. Organization, preparation and writing of a scientific paper
9. The role of EBM in diagnosis and prognosis
10. The role of EBM in clinical practice
11. EBM in Qualitative and Quantitative Research
12. Questionnaire research methodology
Research methodology, Evidence-based medicine, Databases, Clinical study, Systematic review, Meta-analysis, Qualitative research
Additional bibliography for study
Guyatt G, Rennie D, Meade MO, Cook DJ, eds. Users’ Guides to the Medical Literature: A Manual for Evidence-Based Clinical Practice. 2nd Ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2008.
Straus SE, Glasziou P, Richardson WS, Haynes RB. Evidence-Based Medicine. How to practice and teach EBM. Edinburg: Elsevier Churchill Livingstone, Fourth Edition, 2011.
Gray, J. A. Muir (2009). Evidence-based health care & public health. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone.
Sackett DL, Rosenberg WM, Gray JA, Haynes RB, Richardson WS (1996). "Evidence based medicine: what it is and what it isn't". BMJ 312 (7023): 71–2.
Katz, David L. (2001). Clinical Epidemiology & Evidence-Based Medicine: Fundamental Principles of Clinical Reasoning & Research. SAGE.
Rosenberg W, Donald A (1995). "Evidence-based Medicine: An approach to Clinical Problem Solving". BMJ 310: 1122–6.
Greenhalgh, Trisha (2010). How to Read a Paper: The Basics of Evidence-Based Medicine (4th ed.). John Wiley & Sons. p. 1.
Greenhalgh, Trisha (December 2001). "The limits of evidence-based medicine". Respiratory care 46 (12): 1435–40.
Eddy, DM (2005). "Evidence-based Medicine: a Unified Approach". Health Affairs 24 (1): 9–17.