Students are expected to:
• Understand the mechanisms of heat transfer (conduction, convection, radiation)
• Understand the physical importance and value of dimensionlessness and dimensionless numbers
• Practice solving problems of heat transfer in steady state and transient conditions
• Be able to solve problems in practical applications related to heat transfer with combined phenomena of conduction, convection and radiation
Course Content (Syllabus)
Heat transfer mechanisms. Heat diffusion equation. Convection. Heat exchangers. Transient conduction. Radiation.
Conduction, convection, radiation, heat exchangers
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1) ΕΙΣΑΓΩΓΗ ΣΤΗ ΜΕΤΑΔΟΣΗ ΘΕΡΜΟΤΗΤΑΣ, ΧΑΤΖΗΑΘΑΝΑΣΙΟΥ ΒΑΣΙΛΗΣ
2) ΜΕΤΑΔΟΣΗ ΘΕΡΜΟΤΗΤΑΣ, ΚΩΝΣΤΑΝΤΙΝΟΣ Γ. ΠΑΣΠΑΛΑΣ
3) Μεταφορά Μάζας και Θερμότητας, 5η Έκδοση, Cengel Yunus., Ghajar A.