Upon successful completion of the course, students will:
1. know the various technologies of integrated circuits fabrication and in particular of MOS technology.
2. know the methodology and the individual difficulties and problems in the design of integrated circuits.
3. be familiar with integrated circuit design and simulation tools as well as the analog or digital circuit design flow.
4. can do a systematic bibliographic search in scientific sources on the internet
5. can present technical topics in a structured way
Course Content (Syllabus)
MOS Transistor: Theory and fabrication technology. Standards, performance evaluation and CMOS circuit simulation. Logic and physical design (layout). Delay, power, interconnections, combinational circuits, sequential circuits, special purpose structures, design methodologies. Software for integrated circuit analysis and mask design.