SWIMMING IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

Course Information
TitleΗ ΚΟΛΥΜΒΗΣΗ ΣΤΟ ΔΗΜΟΤΙΚΟ ΣΧΟΛΕΙΟ / SWIMMING IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
CodeΕΜ129
FacultyEducation
SchoolPrimary Education
Cycle / Level1st / Undergraduate
Teaching PeriodWinter/Spring
CoordinatorVasileios Papacharisis
CommonYes
StatusActive
Course ID600023992

Programme of Study: PPS Tmīmatos Dīmotikīs Ekpaídeusīs (2019-sīmera)

Registered students: 103
OrientationAttendance TypeSemesterYearECTS
KORMOSElective Courses844

Class Information
Academic Year2023 – 2024
Class PeriodSpring
Instructors from Other Categories
Weekly Hours3
Total Hours39
Class ID
600251091
Type Of Offer
  • Disciplinary Course
Course Type 2021
Skills Development
Course Type 2016-2020
  • Scientific Area
Mode of Delivery
  • Face to face
  • Distance learning
Digital Course Content
Erasmus
The course is also offered to exchange programme students.
Language of Instruction
  • Greek (Instruction, Examination)
  • English (Examination)
Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to: • To understand the importance-usefulness of swimming for schoolchildren aged 6 to 12 years. • To know basic features for designing swimming lessons in developmental ages. • To know basic water exercises for familiarization floating, propulsion and immersion in the water. • To exercise and learn for themselves the basic swimming skills. • Be able to recognize the dangers of swimming pools and beaches and be able to cooperate in matters of lifesaving and first aid.
General Competences
  • Apply knowledge in practice
  • Make decisions
  • Work autonomously
  • Work in teams
  • Work in an interdisciplinary team
  • Advance free, creative and causative thinking
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Historical review of Swimming – Swimming in education 2. Developmental characteristics of 12-10 years old children – planning activities according to the children's characteristics and needs. 3. Lesson plan – design – contents 4. Creating rules in the swimming lesson. Familiarization with water. Breathing-propulsion (3rd & 4th grade) 5. Exercise on immersion. Immersion games. Self-diagnosis - lifesaving - evaluation (3rd & 4th grade) 6. Repeat basic swimming routines. Floating – immersion – propulsion. (5th & 6th grade) 7. Propulsion using the swimming strokes – fun pool games - lifeguard - evaluation (E' & 6th grade). 8. Worksheets – Student notebook 9. Practical application 10. Practical application 11. Practical application 12. Practical application
Keywords
Swimming lessons, physical education, primary school.
Educational Material Types
  • Slide presentations
  • Interactive excersises
  • Book
Use of Information and Communication Technologies
Use of ICT
  • Use of ICT in Course Teaching
  • Use of ICT in Communication with Students
  • Use of ICT in Student Assessment
Course Organization
ActivitiesWorkloadECTSIndividualTeamworkErasmus
Lectures501.7
Written assigments501.7
Exams100.3
Quiz 100.3
Total1204
Student Assessment
Description
10% Quiz Short knowledge tests during lectures (e-learning Auth) 40% Assignment - Lesson plan (The student can either submit the lesson in writing or carry it out in a practical application in the swimming pool) 50% Final exam
Student Assessment methods
  • Written Exam with Multiple Choice Questions (Formative, Summative)
  • Written Exam with Short Answer Questions (Formative, Summative)
  • Written Assignment (Summative)
  • Oral Exams (Summative)
Bibliography
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Νικοδέλης Θ., Νταμπάκης Β., Μισαηλίδης, Β., Παπαχαρίσης, Β. (2023) Η Κολύμβηση στο Δημοτικό Σχολείο. Τα πρώτα βήματα για παιδιά 6 ως 12 ετών. Εκδόσεις Sprortbook. Κωδικός Εύδοξος: 122077442
Additional bibliography for study
• Τσαλής Γ. (2019) Από την πισίνα εκμάθησης στην προαγωνιστική ομάδα κολύμβησης (εκδόσεις: Πολιτεία) • Νικοδέλης Θ., Παπαχαρίσης Β., Nταμπάκης Β., Μισαηλίδης Κ., Παπαργυρίου Α. (2014). Σχεδιασμός, Εφαρμογή και Αξιολόγηση ενός Προγράμματος Κολύμβησης στο Δημοτικό Σχολείο. Αναζητήσεις στη Φυσική Αγωγή & τον Αθλητισμό 12 (2), 41-51.
Last Update
28-03-2024