|Title||ΟΡΥΚΤΑ ΤΗΣ ΑΡΓΙΛΟΥ ΤΩΝ ΕΔΑΦΩΝ / SOIL CLAY MINERALOGY|
|Faculty||Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Environment|
|Cycle / Level||1st / Undergraduate, 2nd / Postgraduate|
Programme of Study: PPS Geōponías (2019-sīmera)
Registered students: 0
|KORMOS||Elective Courses belonging to the other||Spring||-||5|
|EGGEIŌN VELTIŌSEŌN, EDAFOLOGIAS KAI GEŌRGIKĪS MĪCΗANIKĪS||Elective Course belonging to the selected specialization (Elective Specialization Course)||Spring||-||5|
|Academic Year||2019 – 2020|
|Faculty Instructors|| |
|Class ID|| |
Course Type 2016-2020
- Scientific Area
Course Type 2011-2015
Specific Foundation / Core
Mode of Delivery
- Face to face
Digital Course Content
The course is also offered to exchange programme students.
Language of Instruction
- Greek (Instruction, Examination)
Knowledge of soil science and soil chemistry basics.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to: 1. Understand the structure, the composition and the properties of the primary and secondary clay minerals of soil. 2. Understand the effect of clay minerals on soil chemical and physical properties.
- Apply knowledge in practice
- Retrieve, analyse and synthesise data and information, with the use of necessary technologies
- Adapt to new situations
- Make decisions
- Work autonomously
- Work in teams
- Work in an international context
- Work in an interdisciplinary team
- Generate new research ideas
- Design and manage projects
- Respect natural environment
- Advance free, creative and causative thinking
Course Content (Syllabus)
Introduction, clays as a constituent of soil environment. Elements of crystallography. Structure and properties of primary minerals. Structure and properties of primary phyllosilicates. Secondary clay minerals, structure and properties of 2:1 and 1:1 type clay minerals. Other secondary minerals - iron and aluminum oxides. Identification of clay minerals, X-ray diffractometry. Measurement of specific area and cation exchange capacity. Effect of clay minerals on soil properties and soil fertility. Environmental applications of clay minerals.
clay minerals, soil chemistry
Educational Material Types
- Slide presentations
Use of Information and Communication Technologies
Use of ICT
- Use of ICT in Course Teaching
- Use of ICT in Laboratory Teaching
- Use of ICT in Communication with Students
- Use of ICT in Student Assessment
Use of powerpoint and web (website and e-mail).
Compulsory attendance of the laboratory classes. Written exams.
Student Assessment methods
- Written Exam with Multiple Choice Questions (Formative, Summative)
- Written Exam with Short Answer Questions (Formative, Summative)
- Written Exam with Extended Answer Questions (Formative, Summative)
- Written Assignment (Formative, Summative)
- Written Exam with Problem Solving (Formative, Summative)
- Labortatory Assignment (Formative, Summative)
Additional bibliography for study
Μπαρμπαγιάννης Ν. 2019. Παραδόσεις του μαθήματος Ορυκτά της Αργίλου των Εδαφών. ΑΠΘ, Θεσσαλονίκη. Εργαστηριακές ασκήσεις του μαθήματος Ορυκτά της Αργίλου των Εδαφών. 2019. ΑΠΘ, Θεσσάλονίκη.