|Title||Σύγχρονα Μεγάλα Θρησκεύματα / World Religions|
|Cycle / Level||1st / Undergraduate|
Programme of Study: PPS Tm. THeologías - Eisagōgikī Kateýthynsī Mousoulmanikṓn Spoudṓn (EKMS 2016-sīmera)
Registered students: 51
|Academic Year||2019 – 2020|
|Class ID|| |
Mode of Delivery
- Face to face
Digital Course Content
- e-Study Guide https://qa.auth.gr/en/class/1/600145033
- At the Website of the School:
Language of Instruction
- Greek (Instruction, Examination)
Familiarity with diversity, understanding of the basic principles of the world's religions, acquiring skills in communication and fellowship with religiously and culturally other, respect each other.
- Apply knowledge in practice
- Work autonomously
- Work in teams
- Work in an interdisciplinary team
- Appreciate diversity and multiculturality
- Be critical and self-critical
- Advance free, creative and causative thinking
Course Content (Syllabus)
Genesis, historical development, teaching, myth, worship, life and society of the modern major religions and cultures of the world, that of Indian (Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikchismou) Chinese (Confucianism, Taoism), Tibetan (Lamaism and Bon) and Japanese (Shinto and Japanese Buddhism). Special reference to Islam: genesis, evolution, disciplines, teaching, and structure of Islamic society,contemporary religious and political considerations.
Educational Material Types
Use of Information and Communication Technologies
Use of ICT
- Use of ICT in Course Teaching
- Use of ICT in Communication with Students
- Use of ICT in Student Assessment
Use of Power-points during the lessons of the Semester. E-Mails
Exams (written-oral), or writing of papers. The degree of participation of the students during the lectures of the Semester included in the final evaluation.
Student Assessment methods
- Written Exam with Multiple Choice Questions (Summative)
- Written Exam with Short Answer Questions (Summative)
- Written Exam with Extended Answer Questions (Summative)
- Written Assignment (Formative)
- Oral Exams (Summative)
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Γρ. Ζιάκα, Θρησκείες και Πολιτισμοί τηε Ασίας, Θεσσαλονίκη: Εκδίσεις ΠΑΜΑΚ, 2016.
Additional bibliography for study
Π.Παχής, Θρησκείες της Ανατολής, Θεσσαλονίκη: Εκδόσεις Κορνηλίας Σφακιανάκη, 2005. Κατασευάζοντας τη Θρησκεία (μετ. Δ. Ξυγαλατάς. Επιμ. Π.Παχής), Θεσσαλονίκη: Εκδόσεις Βάνιας, 2003.