|Title||Η ΕΞΕΛΙΞΗ ΤΗΣ ΠΑΙΔΑΓΩΓΙΚΗΣ ΣΤΗΝ ΕΛΛΑΔΑ ΚΑΙ Η ΣΥΜΒΟΛΗ ΤΩΝ ΠΑΙΔΑΓΩΓΩΝ / THE DEVELOPMENT OF PEDAGOGY IN GREECE AND THE INFLUENSE OF THE GREEK PEDAGOGUES|
|Title in German||Die Entwicklung der Pädagogik in Griechenland und der Beitrag der Pädagogen|
|School||German Language and Literature|
|Cycle / Level||1st / Undergraduate|
Programme of Study: PPS Tmīmatos Germanikīs Glṓssas kai Filologías (2020-sīmera)
Registered students: 194
Programme of Study: PPS School of German Language and Literature
Registered students: 25
|Academic Year||2019 – 2020|
|Faculty Instructors|| |
|Class ID|| |
Type of the Course
- Scientific Area
Specific Foundation / Core
Mode of Delivery
- Face to face
Digital Course Content
- e-Study Guide https://qa.auth.gr/en/class/1/600145536
- OpenCourses (eClass):
Language of Instruction
- Greek (Instruction, Examination)
- German (Examination)
- Obligatory follow-up. - Evaluation: Written examination in the end of Half-year period.
Upon successful completion of this course students will: - know the evolution of Pedagogical Science in Greece from 1828 until today. - realize the effects of Pedagogy in Greece from the theories developed by great educators in other countries, such as e.g. : Herbart, Kerschensteiner, Dewey. - will get to know the pedagogical work of important Greek pedagogues, who contributed to the development of their own pedagogical thought and to the foundation of Pedagogy as a Science in Greece, such as e.g. the: N. Exarchopoulos, Al. Delmouzos, Man. Triantaphyllidis, D. Glinos, T. Kastanos, Evag. Papanoutsos, P. Xochellis.
- Apply knowledge in practice
- Retrieve, analyse and synthesise data and information, with the use of necessary technologies
- Adapt to new situations
- Make decisions
- Work autonomously
- Work in teams
- Work in an international context
- Work in an interdisciplinary team
- Generate new research ideas
- Design and manage projects
- Appreciate diversity and multiculturality
- Respect natural environment
- Demonstrate social, professional and ethical commitment and sensitivity to gender issues
- Be critical and self-critical
- Advance free, creative and causative thinking
Course Content (Syllabus)
-The purpose of this course is to investigate the evolution of Pedagogy in Greece from 1928 until today and the contribution of specific foreign and Greek Educators in the foundation of Pedagogy as a Science, - to investigate the effects of international pedagogy in Greece, as they were formed by pedagogical theories e.g. of educators: Comenius, Pestalozzi, Fröbel, Herbart, Kerchensteiner, Dewey, - to examine in detail the pedagogical work among other Greek educators: N. Exarchopoulos, D. Glinou, Al. Delmouzou, M. Triantaphyllidi, T. Kastanou, E. Papanoutsou, P. Xochelli, Chr. Φραγγου, - to evaluate the contribution of all these educators in the development of Pedagogical Science in Greece.
Pedagogical thought, foreigner pedagogues, Greek pedagogues, development of Pedagogy in Greece.
Educational Material Types
Use of Information and Communication Technologies
Use of ICT
- Use of ICT in Communication with Students
- Written examination in the end of half-year period with base the body of notes and the matter of book.
Student Assessment methods
- Written Exam with Short Answer Questions (Formative, Summative)
- Written Exam with Extended Answer Questions (Formative, Summative)
- Written Exam with Problem Solving (Formative, Summative)
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Αντωνίου, Χρ. Παιδαγωγοί και Παιδαγωγική στην Ελλάδα. 4η βελτιωμένη έκδοση. Θεσσαλονίκη: Ζυγός 2019.
Additional bibliography for study
-Houssaye, J. Δεκαπέντε παιδαγωγοί-Σταθμοί στην ιστορία της Παιδαγωγικής/μετφρ. Δέσπ. Καρακατσάνη. Αθήνα: Μεταίχμιο 2000. -Καραγιάννης, Θ. Παιδαγωγικά πορτρέτα. Αθήνα: Ντουντούμης 1992.