|Title||Η ΕΞΕΛΙΞΗ ΤΗΣ ΠΑΙΔΑΓΩΓΙΚΗΣ ΣΤΗΝ ΕΛΛΑΔΑ ΚΑΙ Η ΣΥΜΒΟΛΗ ΤΩΝ ΠΑΙΔΑΓΩΓΩΝ / THE DEVELOPMENT OF PEDAGOGY IN GREECE AND THE INFLUENSE OF THE GREEK PEDAGOGUES|
|Title in German||Die Entwicklung der Pädagogik in Griechenland und der Beitrag der Pädagogen|
|School||German Language and Literature|
|Cycle / Level||1st / Undergraduate|
Programme of Study: PPS Tmīmatos Germanikīs Glṓssas kai Filologías (2020-sīmera)
Registered students: 194
Programme of Study: PPS School of German Language and Literature
Registered students: 25
|Academic Year||2019 – 2020|
|Faculty Instructors|| |
|Class ID|| |
Type of the Course
- Scientific Area
Specific Foundation / Core
Mode of Delivery
- Face to face
Digital Course Content
- e-Study Guide https://qa.auth.gr/en/class/1/600145536
- OpenCourses (eClass):
Language of Instruction
- Greek (Instruction, Examination)
- German (Examination)
- Obligatory follow-up. - Obligatory development of work. - Evaluation: Written examination in the end of Half-year period.
Upon completion of the course students will: - have formed a comprehensive view of the subject of Pedagogy, and of the research methods it uses, - realize the value of family, kindergarten and school (or homes) for the education and socialization of children and adolescents - be scientifically informed about the three factors of the class (student, teacher and educational goods), about the meaning of the Curriculum and about the factors that determine their school performance, - understand that Pedagogy is necessary for their comprehensive scientific education and professional training.
- Apply knowledge in practice
- Retrieve, analyse and synthesise data and information, with the use of necessary technologies
- Adapt to new situations
- Make decisions
- Work autonomously
- Work in teams
- Work in an international context
- Work in an interdisciplinary team
- Generate new research ideas
- Design and manage projects
- Appreciate diversity and multiculturality
- Respect natural environment
- Demonstrate social, professional and ethical commitment and sensitivity to gender issues
- Be critical and self-critical
- Advance free, creative and causative thinking
Course Content (Syllabus)
The purpose of this course is: - to investigate the evolution of Pedagogy in Greece during the 19th, 20th and 21st century and to evaluate the contribution of specific foreign and Greek Educators in the foundation of Pedagogy as a Science. - to examine the influences exerted on Greek pedagogical thought by the educators: Comenius, Pestalozzi, Fröbel, Herbart, Kerchensteiner, Dewey, Montessori, - to evaluate the work of Greek educators: I. Kokkoni, D. Zaggogianni, N. Exarchopoulos, D. Glinou, Al. Delmouzou, M. Triantaphyllidi, T. Kastanou, M. Kountoura, G. Paleologou, E. Papanoutsou, Chr. Φραγγου, Αλ. Kosmopoulou, P. Xochelli.
Pedagogical thought, foreigner pedagogues, Greek pedagogues, development of Pedagogy in Greece.
Educational Material Types
Use of Information and Communication Technologies
Use of ICT
- Use of ICT in Communication with Students
- Use of ICT in Student Assessment
- Written examination in the end of half-year period with base the body of notes and the matter of book.
Student Assessment methods
- Written Exam with Extended Answer Questions (Formative, Summative)
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Αντωνίου, Χρ. Παιδαγωγοί και Παιδαγωγική στην Ελλάδα. 3η έκδοση. Θεσσαλονίκη 2019.
Additional bibliography for study
-Houssaye, J. Δεκαπέντε παιδαγωγοί-Σταθμοί στην ιστορία της Παιδαγωγικής/μετφρ. Δέσπ. Καρακατσάνη. Αθήνα: Μεταίχμιο 2000. -Καραγιάννης, Θ. Παιδαγωγικά πορτρέτα. Αθήνα: Ντουντούμης 1992.