|Title||ΔΙΕΡΕΥΝΗΣΗ ΠΕΡΙΒΑΛΛΟΝΤΙΚΩΝ ΕΠΙΠΤΩΣΕΩΝ / INVESTIGATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS|
|Cycle / Level||1st / Undergraduate|
Programme of Study: UPS of School of Mechanical Engineering
Registered students: 9
|Energy||Elective Course belonging to the selected specialization (Elective Specialization Course)||10||5||5|
|Academic Year||2019 – 2020|
|Class ID|| |
Type of the Course
- Scientific Area
Knowledge Deepening / Consolidation
Mode of Delivery
- Face to face
Digital Course Content
Language of Instruction
- Greek (Instruction, Examination)
No prerequisites. General knowledge on environmental and air pollution issues will be and advantage.
By the end of the course students should be able to apply knowledge acquired as well as methods and tools taught, for analyzing the environmental impacts of a project/activity and for compiling the draft of a relevant study, following EU legislation.
- Apply knowledge in practice
- Retrieve, analyse and synthesise data and information, with the use of necessary technologies
- Adapt to new situations
- Make decisions
- Work autonomously
- Work in teams
- Work in an international context
- Work in an interdisciplinary team
- Design and manage projects
- Respect natural environment
- Demonstrate social, professional and ethical commitment and sensitivity to gender issues
- Be critical and self-critical
- Advance free, creative and causative thinking
Course Content (Syllabus)
Basic terminology and environmental protection laws. Environmental impacts of projects and activities. Procedures and legal framework for environmental assessment in Greece and EU. EIA studies: basic structure and content. Environmental data collection for EIA purposes. Mathematical methods for the investigation and modelling of environmental impacts, the case of air pollution, (odor and noise may be included). Software tools and computational intelligence methods applied in EIA studies. Noise, Vibrations. Renewable energy projects and their Environmental Impacts.
environmental impact assessmentt, modelling and analysis
Educational Material Types
- Slide presentations
Use of Information and Communication Technologies
Use of ICT
- Use of ICT in Course Teaching
On-line, internet-based resources, software tools for data analysis and modelling
Students are evaluated on the basis of three projects that they have to work on during the semester, and on the basis of the final report and presentation that they will prepare.
Student Assessment methods
- Written Assignment (Formative, Summative)
- Oral Exams (Formative, Summative)
- Performance / Staging (Formative, Summative)
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Κωδικός Βιβλίου στον Εύδοξο: 22766772 Έκδοση: 1/2012 Συγγραφείς: ΒΑΓΙΩΝΑ ΔΗΜΗΤΡΑ ISBN: 978-960-9717-02-1 Τύπος: Σύγγραμμα Διαθέτης (Εκδότης): ΕΤΑΙΡΕΙΑ ΑΞΙΟΠΟΙΗΣΕΩΣ ΚΑΙ ΔΙΑΧΕΙΡΙΣΕΩΣ ΠΕΡΙΟΥΣΙΑΣ ΤΟΥ Α.Π.Θ Α.Ε.
Additional bibliography for study
Σημειώσεις και διαφάνειες του διδάσκοντα, διαδικτυακό υλικό.