|Title||ΧΑΟΤΙΚΗ ΔΥΝΑΜΙΚΗ / Chaotic Dynamics|
|Cycle / Level||1st / Undergraduate|
Programme of Study: UPS of School of Physics (2012-today)
Registered students: 122
|Academic Year||2019 – 2020|
|Faculty Instructors|| |
|Class ID|| |
Course Type 2011-2015
Specific Foundation / Core
Mode of Delivery
- Face to face
Digital Course Content
Language of Instruction
- Greek (Instruction, Examination)
- ΜΑΥ201 Mathematics I
- ΜΑΥ202 Applied Mathematics I
1. They will know one dimensional maps and the logistic map. 2. The will have learned about chaow and its significance in our lifes. 3. They will be able to find the fixed pointsw of a non linear map . 4. They will be able to linearize around fixed points of a two dimesional map and find the solution. 5. They will perceive the transverse intersections of the stable and unstable manifolds of a sadle fixed point and how this leads to chaos.
- Make decisions
- Work autonomously
- Advance free, creative and causative thinking
Course Content (Syllabus)
One dimensional maps, fixed poinds, periodic points, the logistic map, definition of chaos, propertiew pf chaos, Bernoulli shift and the proof that it is chaotic, the Cantor set of the middle third, two dimensional maps, fixed points and their stability, from the linear to the non linear system, transversal intersections of the stable and the unstable manifolds of a saddle, the creation of a Smale horseshoe, and the appearance of chaos, the Smale horseshoe.
Educational Material Types
- Slide presentations
Use of Information and Communication Technologies
Use of ICT
- Use of ICT in Course Teaching
- Use of ICT in Communication with Students
I am ysing a laptop in some of the lectures to show certain complicated figures. Moreover the students comunicate with me through e-mail.
Student Assessment methods
- Written Exam with Extended Answer Questions (Summative)
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Γ. Βουγιατζής, Ε. Μελετλίδου "Εισαγωγή στα Μη Γραμμικά Δυναμικά Συστήματα" (Κάλλιππος). Α. Μπούντης "Δυναμικά Συστήματα και Χάος"