|Title||ΕΦΑΡΜΟΓΕΣ ΜΑΘΗΜΑΤΙΚΩΝ / APPLICATIONS OF MATHEMATICS|
|School||Rural and Surveying Engineering|
|Cycle / Level||1st / Undergraduate|
Programme of Study: UPS of School of Rural and Surveing Engineering
Registered students: 202
|Academic Year||2019 – 2020|
|Faculty Instructors|| |
|Class ID|| |
Course Type 2016-2020
Course Type 2011-2015
Mode of Delivery
- Face to face
Digital Course Content
The course is also offered to exchange programme students.
Language of Instruction
- Greek (Instruction, Examination)
- English (Examination)
Theory of functions of a real variable.
1. Model real problems with differential equations. 2. Solve first order ΟDE's and linear systems of ODE's. 3. Solve second order linear ODE's. 4. Use Laplace transform for solving linear ODE's, integrodifferential equations etc. 5. Use fourier series to decompose periodic function as a infinite sum of sinusodials.
- Apply knowledge in practice
- Retrieve, analyse and synthesise data and information, with the use of necessary technologies
- Advance free, creative and causative thinking
Course Content (Syllabus)
Οrdinary differential equations: first order linear and non-linear ODE. Higher order linear ODE with constant or non-constant coefficients. Wroskian. Systems of linear ODE's. Laplace transform, properties and applications in the solution of linear ODE's with constant coefficients and initial conditions. Dirac and Gamma functions. Fourier series of periodic functions. Dirichlet conditions. Parseval formula.
Differential Equations, Laplace Transform, Fourier series
Educational Material Types
Written examination at the end of the semester.
Student Assessment methods
- Written Exam with Problem Solving (Formative, Summative)
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. K. Σεραφειμίδης, Διαφορικές Εξισώσεις