To obtain their degree from the MSc Studies Program: "Clinical and Industrial Pharmacology - Clinical Toxicology" School of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, postgraduate students have to attend and successfully complete 13 compulsory courses, which correspond to 60 ECTS and compose and successfully defend their Postgraduate Thesis which corresponds to 30 ECTS. (Hellenic Government Gazette No Β/2805-22/12/2015).
The program objectives are:
1. The specialized and in-depth theoretical training of postgraduate students in one of the three offered scientific disciplines (Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Medicine, Industrial Pharmacology and Clinical Toxicology).
2. The active and multifaceted participation of postgraduate students in the discipline of their interest and subsequent professional engagement in research, in the pharmaceutical industry and/or in clinical practice
3. The formal and structured participating of postgraduate students in research activities and thesis composition and defense.
Graduates of the MSc Studies Program: linical and Industrial Pharmacology - Clinical Toxicologyare expected to know, understand and be able to apply principles of the scientific disciplines taught in the program (pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacogenetics, pharmacogenomics, toxigenomics, design and conducting of pharmacological studies, pharmaceutical technology, pharmacoepidemiology, pharmacoeconomics, pharmaceutical marketing, management of pharmaceutical companies, drug pricing, compensation negotiation with insurers and regulatory agencies, etc.) in their professional activities.
1. Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Medicine is a medical specialty whose scope includes improving patient care by promoting the safer and more effective use of medicines and the provision of services, such as medicine information, prescribed medicines analysis, monitoring of medicine abuse and advice on the experimental design of clinical studies.
2. Industrial Pharmacology examines how the pharmaceutical industry works and how it is involved in all processes related to the development, licensing, production and distribution of pharmaceutical products.
3. Clinical Toxicology is scientific field discipline closely related to Clinical Pharmacology in many EU countries. Its scope includes the prevention, treatment and therapeutic monitoring of diseases or poisonings caused by intended or unintended and unnecessary use of medicines and poisons or toxins.