This lesson aims to familiarize students with the framework and axons of Physical Education Pedagogy and with the relationship between Teaching and Methodology of science. In addition the course is going to address topics relevant to the pedagogical aspect of sports in different institutions and organizations, the body and its existence, parallel education, personal wellness, moral development, game, competition and output.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
a) know the basic components of the pedagogical process (teaching and learning themes)
as well as the characteristics of the protagonists of this process (teacher, student)
b) have scientific training, be effective educators within the educational context
Course Content (Syllabus)
1) Introduction to Pedagogy: Basic meanings and principles of pedagogical science, Pedagogy domains, research methods.
2) Pedagogical process: structural meanings, conditions
3) Historical advancement of education
4) Students general data: student preferences, factors that affect school performance, students with problematic behavior
5) Students development data: Key features of students mental, psychosocial and kinetic development in primary and secondary education
6) Teacher: Personality, characteristics, role
7) Goals and means of education and learning (Physical Education Curriculum)
8) Play as a pedagogical process and lifelong physical activity
9) Competitive sport for children (Pedagogy perspective)
10) Motivation in Physical Education
11) Diagnosis, measurement and assessment as pedagogical process
12) Child, exercise and moral development
13) Classroom management/ dealing and managing crisis in school classrooms
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
- Τσορμπατζούδης, Χ. (2003). Εξελικτική και διδακτική προσέγγιση της Φυσικής Αγωγής στο σχολείο. Θεσσαλονίκη: Χριστοδουλίδης.
- Gallahue, David L. (2002). Αναπτυξιακή Φυσική Αγωγή για τα σημερινά παιδιά. Θεσσαλονίκη: University Studio Press.
- Παπαϊωάννου Α., Θεοδωράκης Γ., & Γούδας Μ. (2003). Για μια καλύτερη διδασκαλία της Φυσικής Αγωγής. Θεσσαλονίκη: Χριστοδουλίδης.