DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING

Course Information
TitleΨΗΦΙΑΚΗ ΕΠΕΞΕΡΓΑΣΙΑ ΣΗΜΑΤΟΣ / DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING
CodeNDM-06-01
FacultySciences
SchoolInformatics
Cycle / Level1st / Undergraduate
Teaching PeriodSpring
CoordinatorNikolaos Laskaris
CommonYes
StatusActive
Course ID40002961

Programme of Study: Undergradute Studies - School of Informatics (2015-today)

Registered students: 14
OrientationAttendance TypeSemesterYearECTS
Information SystemsElective Courses635
Digital MediaCompulsory Course belonging to the selected specialization (Compulsory Specialization Course)635
Communication, Networks And Systems ArchitectureElective Courses635
Information And Communication Technologies In EducationElective Courses635
General Common DirectionElective Courses635

Class Information
Academic Year2015 – 2016
Class PeriodSpring
Faculty Instructors
Weekly Hours4
Class ID
600004975
Type of the Course
  • Background
Course Category
General Foundation
Mode of Delivery
  • Face to face
Digital Course Content
Erasmus
The course is also offered to exchange programme students.
Language of Instruction
  • Greek (Instruction, Examination)
Prerequisites
General Prerequisites
Prior exposition to linear algebra, calculus of functions of one independent real variable, complex analysis and theory of linear systems
Learning Outcomes
Cognitive: Understanding the basic principles of digital signal processing. Acquaintance with the mathematical modelling of digital signals and the design of discrete-time systems. Practice using MATLAB. Skills: Digital filter design. Linear techniques for reforming a signals of interest and performing transformations of its spectrum. Ability to adapt the presented techniques to signals from realistic applications (e.g. biosignals)
General Competences
  • Apply knowledge in practice
  • Retrieve, analyse and synthesise data and information, with the use of necessary technologies
  • Work autonomously
  • Be critical and self-critical
  • Advance free, creative and causative thinking
Course Content (Syllabus)
Sampling and reconstruction of signals. Windowing. Discrete Fourier transform. Fast Fourier transform.FIR filter design. IIR filter design. Digital filter implementations. Special types of digital filters. Spectral estimation techniques. Introduction to Wavelet transform. Programming exercises in MATLAB environment.
Keywords
digital filters, spectral analysis
Educational Material Types
  • Notes
  • Slide presentations
  • Book
Use of Information and Communication Technologies
Use of ICT
  • Use of ICT in Course Teaching
Description
Software Demonstration.
Course Organization
ActivitiesWorkloadECTSIndividualTeamworkErasmus
Lectures260.9
Reading Assigment481.6
Tutorial260.9
Project481.6
Total1484.9
Student Assessment
Description
Written examination, oral exams on project deliverables. Written exams accounts for the 70% of the total mark, while performance at programming exercises accounts for the rest 30%. Details can be found at the course website.
Student Assessment methods
  • Oral Exams (Summative)
  • Written Exam with Problem Solving (Summative)
  • Report (Summative)
Last Update
24-09-2015