Students are expected that within the course will
• acquire in-depth knowledge of modern methods of teaching visual arts in primary and secondary education.
• become able to design and carry out their own teaching program adapting to the needs of the specific circumstances.
• become acquainted with the modern theoretical parameters that determine the directions of art education, through deepening their knowledge of the relevant literature and articles, and applying it to the design of their teaching scenarios.
• become acquainted with teaching art in formal education by being physically present in selected schools where they will observe art teachers and moreover, will become able to undertake small-scale teaching interventions.
• design teaching scenarios in a systematic and analytical way, following the dictates of the curricula and will be able to support their choices on the basis of relevant theories and teaching methodologies.
• reflect on the results of their teaching approaches, recognizing the importance of their constant updating on issues of new theories, methods as well as technologies.
• understand basic principles and methods of educational research in the field of art education (qualitative, quantitative as well as new forms of arts-based research).
Course Content (Syllabus)
Teaching modern methods of Arts-teaching techniques and how to adapt various methods in Greek education requirements.
Experiential approach with the teaching of art in the field of formal education through the physical presence of students in selected schools and the undertaking of pre-agreed with the host teachers of didactic interventions in the context of the internship/placement.
Design of teaching scenarios in a systematic and analytical manner, in accordance with the current curricula and support of pertinent choices on the basis of relevant pedagogical theories and teaching methodologies.
Basic principles and methods of Educational Research in the sea of art education (quantitative, qualitative as well as new arts-based methods).