Course Content (Syllabus)
The course explores the following chapters :
1. Historical background of dental implants . Safety regulations
2. Biology of osseointegration and morphology of periimplant tissues
3. Titanium- material of choice and its properties .
4. Biology of bone reactions from the extraction of tooth until the establishment of osseointegration .
5. Microphenomena occurring on the surface of the implant during the process of osseointegration .
6. Infection of perimplant tissues.
8. Risk factors in implantology .
9. Prognosis ,survival and success of dental implants