1. Understanding of the main concepts, scope and importance of Forest genetics
2. Understanding of the molecular basis of heritability - the genome organization, the gene structure and regulation
3. Understanding of the principlies of trasmission genetics and training on those principles
4. Understanding and training on the genetic markers (morphological, biochemical, molecular)
5. Introduction to the principles of population genetics, to the mating patterns, Inbreeding and forces of evolution
6. Introduction to the principles of quantitative genetics and the study of polygenic traits, heritability, genetic correlations, genotype by environment interaction and training on the above topics.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Forest Genetics - Concepts, scope, history and importance. Molecular basis of inheritance - Genome organizatio, Gene structure and regulation, formation of gametes. Transmission genetics - chromosomes, recombination and linkage. Genetic markers - Morphological, biochemical and molecular. Population genetics - gene frequencies, inbreeding and forces of evolution, Quantitative genetics - Polygenic traits, heritabilities and genetic correlations.
Forest Genetics, genome, genes, chromosomes, genetic markers, trasmission genetics, population genetics, quantitative genetics