Course Content (Syllabus)
Introduction: Basic concepts. Distinctions. Sources of the banking law.
Part One: The law of the banking system
1. Credit institutions (Banks). The single European banking market. The banks. Union of Greek Banks. The banking Mediator. Tiresias SA.
2. Financial institutions. Electronic banking (electronic money institutions). Factoring Companies. Leasing Companies. Companies in the stock exchange sector.
3. Pursuit and prudential supervision and disclosure by the competent authorities a). (on incorporation, establishment, on providing services without an establishment). b) during the operation of the banks (liquidity, solvency, adequacy of capitals, control of the credit, funded credit protection, monetary policy, exchange policy, deposit guarantee systems, money laundering, revocation of the permission, special liquidation, appointment of commissioner.
Part Two: The law of the banking services.
1. General rules (relationship of trust, the banking secrecy, the contracting parties, general terms and conditions, banking accounts, (such as current accounts), the fees of the banking services, (interests, permissions), enforcement of judgments.
2. The banking services. Deposits by the public - The credits – Factoring - Leasing- Services of the payments and transport of capitals (bank transfer, transactions) - Issue of means of payments (credit cards, smart carts, travel checks etc), Warranties and other obligations (letter of credit, letter of guarantee), Swaps - Asset management - Portfolio management - Collective investments - Custodial - Trust services - Depository (safety deposit boxes), Bank insurance.