Initial contact and familiarization of students with tennis, learning the technique of basic strokes and special rules of this racquet sport, in order to acquire the essential experience and become able to compete in a match without the presence of an Umpire. Learning of the teaching methods for transmitting the knowledge and skills acquired, to other people who might be interested in the sport (athletes or students of initial-beginners level).
Course Content (Syllabus)
- Theoretical analysis and practical application of the tie - break set.
- Introduction in forehand and backhand Volley.
- Movement of players on the court and analysis of their footwork.
- Introduction in overhead service according to analytical teaching method, until its complete implementation.
- Improving of stroke technique due practice in small groups and continuous feeding.
- Playing forms of training.
- Introduction in singles and doubles.
- Introduction in Tennis Umpiring.
tie - break set, Volley, footwork, overhead service, singles and doubles, Tennis Umpiring