The course is a basic introductional lesson regarding the principles of designing and teaching group and personal indoor fitness programs that aim to health and wellness. The course aims to the students' introduction to the fundamental types of fitness programs (dance aerobics, aqua aerobic, body bars and tubes, pilates, yoga, functional training) in order to be implemented into practice. The student acquires a general idea about the designing and teaching certain types of fitness programs and the course is a base for methodologies in certain lessons. Finally, an aim of the course is the understaning of the usefulness in implementing the principles in designing fitness programs in a certain scientific field.
With the successful completion of the course thw student will be able to:
• understand the basic principles in designing and teaching fitness programs and combine theory to practice.
• Acquires knowledge in fitness programs and the teaching methods that are used for a healthier lifestyle, that are scientifically sound and include the most modern progress in this field.
• to discriminate the certain qualities and needs in a group of participants, or a participant, in a case study and design the appropriate fitness program.
• use certain types of exercise programs and the corresponding teaching method, choosing the most effective with professionalism in finding solutions in the field of fitness program.
• Analyze and calculate the basic quantitative and qualitative variables (duration, frequency, repetitions, type of exercise) during the designing of a fitness program
• cooperate with other students in developing and presenting a fitness program plan in a case study (choice of fitness program type and teaching method - steps, choroegraphy, repetitions, music pattern)
• present information, ideas, problems and solutions in a specific and non specific audience, and practical sessions (a muscle strength session with tubes - tasks, muscle groups, repetitions, music patterns)
Course Content (Syllabus)
Basic principles in designing group fitness programs
• Basic principles in designing personal fitness programs (assessement, physical fitness tests
• Group fitness programs I (aerobic, dance aerobic, step, body bars, muscle strngthening with or without props
• Group fitness programs II (tae bo, kick boxing, aqua aerobic
• (Alternative)Mind and body fitness programs I: basic Pilates and Pilates in Reformer and Cadillac
• (Alternative)Mind and body fitness programs II:: Pilates with props (pilates ring, mini ball, swiss ball, foam roller)
• (Alternative)Mind and body fitness programs III: yoga, power yoga, yogilates, mind and body, nia, stretching, body art
• (Alternative)Mind and body fitness programs IV and modern trends in physical fitness: power plate, togu cross training, gymstick, TRX)
• Functional training I: Funcionability in every day life activities.
• Functional training II: improvement in athletes performance
fitness programs, functinal training, yoga, pilates, power bars, dance aerobic, aqua aerobic