a. will be able to understand the basic rules of computer programming and its limitations and capabilities
b. will be able to write programming codes in the C-language
c. will be able to design and implement algorithms for solving simple computational problems in Physics
d. will be provided with the necessary knowledge background for improving in the future their programming skills and adopting new language environments.
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Basic concepts on Computer structure and architecture : CPU, ALU, registers, memory, memory addresses
2. Basic concepts on programming code, compiling, linking and execution
3. C programming. Variables, number types, strings, operators, expressions.
4. Program flow : logical decisions and loops
5. Functions (mathematical and string) of the standard C-library
6. Functions in C – call and definition, range of variables (global and local)
7. Input/Output streams (console and text files)
8. Pointers and data arrays
9. Implementation of algorithms of numerical and data analysis