The course aims to enrich and deepen the student knowledge of tennis. Particular attention is given to education at the special teaching of the sport and the parallel development of technical training of students in order to make them able to practice the profession of tennis coach, especially in development groups, or to deal with it in researching or business field.
The learning outcomes served, meet the newer standards established by the International Tennis Federation ITF for the different stages of difficulty, which should be consistent with the relevant developmental ages of the of tennis players at the "red", "orange" and "green" level.
With the acquisition of experience and the successful completion of the course students will be able to:
• perform the technical and tactical elements taught, in training or competition conditions,
• teach what information they have learned, to children in the early developmental age, but also to interested beginners.
Course Content (Syllabus)
- The different stages of “Tennis 10's” and the corresponding developmental ages of the athletes - students of tennis at "red","orange" and "green" level,
- Technical analysis of the strokes: topspin fοrehand και backhand, and slice service. Common and possible errors, error correction. Methodical teaching of the strokes,
- Video recording of the stroke technic of the students and detailed debate,
- Fitness (flexibility, agility, coordination). Theory and application on the court in form of exercises,
- Code of players Conduct on and off court, in practice and match.
- Separation of exercises (drills) performed on court, depending on the training objective.
- Fundamentals of singles and doubles tactic.
- Technical analysis of slice backhand and lob slice at fh and bh. Errors and corrections.
- Specific individual defense and offence tactic. Special tactics in doubles and mixed matches.
- Exercising in Umpiring (chair umpire and line judges).
- Profile of the coach.
- Fitness (speed and strength).
- Monitoring and evaluation of performance.
- Practice in feeding of trainees during performing basic strokes.
Tennis teaching, “Tennis 10's”, "Play and stay", tennis technic and tactic, Umpiring
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
- Αντισφαίριση, βήματα για την επιτυχία, Jim Brown, Εκδόσεις Χριστοδουλίδη, 2008, Θεσσαλονίκη
- ΔΙΔΑΣΚΑΛΙΑ ΚΑΙ ΠΡΟΠΟΝΗΣΗ ΣΤΟ ΤΕΝΙΣ, ΜΑΒΒΙΔΗΣ Α., ΤΕΛΕΘΡΙΟΝ 2005, ΑΘΗΝΑ
Additional bibliography for study
- ΤΕΝΙΣ ΤΑΚΤΙΚΗ ΚΑΙ ΕΦΑΡΜΟΓΕΣ, ΚΑΤΣΑΓΚΟΛΗΣ, ΖΑΡΩΤΗΣ, ΜΑΝΤΗΣ, ΤΕΛΕΘΡΙΟΝ, 2006, ΑΘΗΝΑ