Upon successful completion of this course, students are expected to have acquired a deep understanding of
1. the neural basis of movement control
2. the role of specific brain structures in various types of learning and memory
3. the effect of sex and stress-related hormones on brain and behavior
4. the brain activity during wakefulness and sleep
5. the biological basis of specific affective disorders (schizophrenia, major depressive disorder, anxiety disorders)
Course Content (Syllabus)
Motor control and plasticity, motor disorders. Neural mechanisms of learning and memory. Hormones, brain and behavior. Biological rhythms, sleep and dreaming. Neuroplasticity and biological basis of affective and neurological disorders.
neural mechanisms of learning, memory, sleep, dreaming
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. Βιολογική Ψυχολογία
Kalat, J. W.
Odysseus Publishing Ltd, 2020.
John P.J. Pinel
Εκδόσεις Ίων, 2011
3. Εγκέφαλος και Συμπεριφορά
Bryan Kolb & Ian Q Whishaw
Ιατρικές Εκδόσεις Π.Χ. Πασχαλίδης, Αθήνα, 2009