After the successful completion of the course, the students are expected to:
• know basic laboratory testing on soil materials, unbound
materials, binders, and bituminous mixtures.
• apply mix design
• know the basic principals of pavement design
• apply pavement design methodologies
• be familiar with mix plants
• know the basic principals on pavement maintenance
Course Content (Syllabus)
Traffic loads. Soil properties for pavement engineers. Aggregate materials. Bituminous binders, Bituminous mixtures (hot and cold) and mix designs. Laboratory testing of bituminous binders and mixtures. Theories for calculation stresses and strains in pavements. Pavement design methods for flexible and rigid pavements. Pavement recycling. Pavement maintenance.
Pavements, Materials, Construction, Maintenance.