The aim of this course is to give the students the opportunity to learn basic concepts of dancetherapy through both applied and theoretical processing. In addition it aims to deem the students able to understand themselves better and gain greater ability to interpret not only their own behavior but their surroundings as well.
Course Content (Syllabus)
• Basic concepts of dancetherapy
• The first dancetherapists
o Trudi Schoop,
o Liljan Espenak,
o Mary Whitehouse,
o Franciska Boas,
o Marian Chase.
• System analysis and movement interpretation by Rudolf von Laban
• Improvisation and its role in dancetherapeutic action
• Teaching techniques in different age and social groups.