Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand and interpret the economic concepts related to the real estate market.
- To assimilate the primary factors influencing the value of real estate.
- To apply the appropriate method of estimating the value of each property (comparative, residual, etc.)
- To assess the objective value of each property based on existing legislation.
- To prepare complete technical reports of real estate.
Course Content (Syllabus)
The main chapters of the course include all the modern techniques associated with the valuation of properties and the management of real estate today. The concept of land and property from the economic side of science. Ownership in Greece. The Greek Cadastre. Historical perspective of economic theories and the concept of revenue. Concepts of interest on methods of real estate appraisals and property values. Configuration parameters of land values. The investment on land - Basic concepts and parameters. Methods of assessing of real estate. The project estimator. Factors affecting the value of a property. Assessment process property. Stages. Logic. Stakeholders. The Comparison Method of valuation of properties, and examples. Method of profits, and examples. Contractor’s method, and examples. Residual Method and examples. Replacement Cost method, and examples. Analysis of the system of objective valuation in Greece. Writing of technical reports of valuation of real estate. Practice assessments in the subjects of the department.
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Καρανικόλας Νικόλαος (2010), «Εκτίμηση Ακινήτων», Εκδόσεις Δίσιγμα.
Κιόχος Πέτρος Α. (2007), “Εισαγωγή στην εκτίμηση υων ακινήτων και μέθοδοι αποτίμησης της αξίας αυτών”, Εκδόσεις Σύγχρονη Εκδοτική, Αθήνα.