Upon completion of the course the students should be able to:
- notice the characteristics of the various educational theories and recognize their importance and contribution to the learning process
- realize the relation among the various learning theories and their connection with the ICT when implementationed in the classroom.
- identify the features of various theories of learning and recognize the importance and contribution to the process of learning,
- realize how the learning theories were influenced and modified after the integration of ICT and how this modifties the teaching approach and procedure,
- relate and connect the learning theories with the teaching strategies, practices and applications.
- cope successfully with everyday issues that arise when teaching in the classroom.
- to apply successfully the theoretical knowledge in practice
- acquire instructional design skills by analyzing and implementing teaching strategies in the teaching of Religion
- choose appropriate teaching models in order to achieve the aims and goals in the teaching of Religion
- state goals, aims and learning outcoms
- design learning activities based on learning outcomes,
- integrate successfully the educational technologies in the design and evaluation of a teaching process
- evaluate critically tools and methods,
- search, analyze and combine data and information related to the contents of religious education using ICT
Course Content (Syllabus)
The Course aims to provide students and students with the necesary skills to successfully meet the demands of everyday school reality. To this end incorporates elements of learning theories and instructional design theories so as to provide students with the skills required for the design and conduct of the Religion course. In this course students are informed about the different types of instructional design with the analysis and implementation of coherent strategies for identifying training needs for teaching Religion in Secondary Education. The students will be able to use technology as a teaching and evaluation tool. The course includes practice relating to: a) the theoretical training of students in groups in the Faculty and b) monitoring and practical teaching at High school and Lykeion. The Practice aims to provide students and students with skills: a) training in groups in the Faculty b) design of teaching plans and c) attendance of sample teachings in Schools of Secondary Education (High school, Lykeion) d) occupy in a educational project
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Κασσωτάκης, Μ. & Φλουρής, Γ. Μάθηση και Διδασκαλία, εκδ. Γρηγόρης, Αθήνα, 2013
Τριλιανός, Θ. Μεθοδολογία της διδασκαλίας, εκδ. Διάδραση, Αθήνα, 2013
Additional bibliography for study
Μπίκος, Κ. Ζητήματα μεθοδολογίας που θέτουν οι τεχνολογίες της πληροφορίας και των επικοινωνιών, εκδ. Ζυγός, Θεσσαλονίκη, 2012
Δημήτρης Χατζηδήμου, Οι ομάδες εργασίας των μαθητών στην εκπαίδευση, εκδ. Κυριακίδη, Θεσσαλονίκη 2011