At the end of the semester the students will be able to:
1) to be able to perceive and critically approach the film editing of films that have been dissertations of various, mainly European film schools.
2) to be able to perceive the creation of aesthetics with the film editing of films that have been theses of various, mainly European film schools.
3) to be able to propose script rearrangements with the tool of Cinema Editing with reference to short films of various creators that were drawn from a film festival.
4) to prepare filmed material for various screenings.
5) to develop the aesthetics for the creation of cinematic compositions.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Narrative conventions and experimentation II "Rules" and "usual ways" decoupage-editing in familiar situations and in various genres: Comic scenes, impressionist, descriptive sequences, reportage. Philosophy of editing and analysis of movies from the world cinema.The films that have been created as dissertations of many well-known schools abroad as well as Greek short films drawn from various film festivals are rich sources of aesthetics for cinematic creation always based on film editing. The research and application of the principles of optics by many short filmmakers, are basic didactic approaches for film editing in the modern creative environment of cinematic creation.
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. Παπαστάθης, Λάκης. Οταν ο Δαμιανός γύριζε την Ευδοκία. Πατάκης 2006.
2. Jacobs, Lewis. Τα εκφραστικά μέσα του κινηματογράφου. Μεταφρ. Στεφανία Ρουμπή, Επιμέλεια: Μάκης Μωραΐτης.
3. Συλλογικό έργο. Το μοντάζ. Αιγόκερως 2003.