Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. To know the current data on the action/complications of different categories of drugs in the treatment of oral and dental diseases
2. To know about the manifestations of side effects in the oral mucosa & the teeth of all kinds of medicines that patients receive for other diseases.
3.To know about modern therapeutic approaches in complex entities, which need cooperation with other medical specialties and how the dentist's participation in such therapeutic groups is included.
Through the presentation of modern literature, students will be able to:
5. Evaluate differences in treatment patterns,
6. To judge the optimal choice of each treatment for a specific disease
7. Recognize the range of side effects and ways to prevent and treat them in clinical practice.
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Oral Pharmacokinetics / Pharmacodynamics,
2. Anesthetics-Anti-Inflammatory-Analgesics in Oral Medicine-Dentistry,
3. Antibiotics in Dentistry & Oral Medicine (Treatment-Prevention),
4. Antifungal agents,
5. Immunosuppressants-Immunomodulators in Oral Medicine,
6. Chemotherapy in oral pathology
7. Bisphonates and osteonecrosis of the jaws,
8. Nervous system drugs in pain management & burning mouth syndrome,
9. Dental Materials for Restorative Dentistry-Biocompatibility,
10. Special groups of patients in Dentistry & Oral Medicine & Modification of pharmaceutical schemes,
11. Adverse reactions of drugs manifestated in oral mucosa,
12. Photodynamic therapy and laser in Oral Medicine,
13. Drug / vaccine absorption technology from the oral mucosa for systemic use.