With the successful completion of the course, students will have :
- get acquainted kinesiologically, to a sufficient degree, to stand as swordsmen on stage
- develop their speed of movement as swordsmen, the speed and technique of sword movements, as well as a considerable variety of attacks and repulsions with special precision and attention
- demonstrate the effectiveness of all the above, where in combination with the acting elements they have received from other courses, and with their own improvisations, to convince the public, as aspiring swordsmen.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Through a wide range of kinesiology exercises, the body posture (guard position) of the swordsman and the learning of the sword technique (sword) are taught. More specifically, students, throughout the semester, learn and try to get used to moving like theater stage swordsmen, through a variety of training exercises, technique with sword and without, precision, speed, and alertness.
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. Οπλομαχητική, Ν. Πύργος, 1872
2. Ξιφασκία, Μεθοδολογία Προπόνησης, Τσολάκης Χάρης,Αθανασιάδης Κώστας, Ντουράκος Παναγιώτης , 1999
3. Ειδικά θέματα ξιφασκίας, Τσολάκης Χάρης, 2007