Students are expected as part of the course to
• know better the criteria of the artwork
• to delve deeper into the theories of consciousness from 1960 until today
• understand the link between contemporary art and neuroscience, as constituted by contemporary artistic practices and interdisciplinary theoretical approaches
• sharpen their critical capacity concerning the ways in which the aesthetic approach to the work of art is shaped in relation to the dominant ideological expressions and conflicts of the zeigeist and bioethics
• understand the ways in which the terms interdisciplinary, artistic and scientific research in contemporary art recent developments
Course Content (Syllabus)
Problems of Systematic Philosophy of Art: The Criteria of Artwork, Cognitive Representations, and Modern Neurophysiological Data.
artwork criteria, theories of consciousness, neurosensory, bioethics
Teaching involves use of computers and systems of projection and sound for power point presentations, video projections and sound reproductions, internet, and the e-learning platform for uploading all relevant educational material (presentations, bibliography, etc E-mailis used to communicate with students.