Upon successful completion of the course, students will:
- approach and analyze texts aimed at children and young people culminating in the creation of a theatrical performance
- lead a theater group, create trusting stage relationships,and allow space for actors' creative expression
- create true and vivid stage relationships between the participants
- recognize the unique needs of a child and adolescent audience in order to communicate deeply and effectively
- learn many games and exercises to activate the imagination, unlock the potential and unify the group
Course Content (Syllabus)
A workshop course (attendance is mandatory) where students will focus on texts aimed at children and adolescents. Students will learn how to approach and analyse texts and how to guide actors through games and exercises while acquiring basic directing methods and techniques. The course will deal with the rhythm and energy of live theater, as well as with the perceptions and myths surrounding the audience of children’s and youth theatre. The workshop will culminate in a live performance.