Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to design, analyse and detail reinforced concrete bridges for vertical and seismic loads based on Eurocode 8 part 2.
Course Content (Syllabus)
- Introduction to bridges and classification of modern bridges.
- Basic bridge sections.
- Methods of bridge construction.
- Decks 1 : Morphology and loading.
- Decks 2 : Simulation and analysis.
- Decks 3 : Detailing.
- Joints and bearings.
- Piers and abutments 1 : Seismic loading.
- Piers and abutments 2 : Simulation, analysis and detailing.